Eating an chocolate cake can be fun but baking an chocolate cake is not, if you don’t have the right recipe, there are many recipes but only some of them can hit the right chords in creating the wow factor while eating the chocolate cake so this chocolate cake recipe is definitely one of them.
For the cake
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g golden caster sugar
For the butter cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- 400g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g milk chocolate
- 200g butter
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 35 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, butter the base and sides of the cake round tins and line the tin bases with parchment.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, baking powder with the flour in a slow speed until combined.
- Add buttermilk, warm water, vegetable oil, vanilla, eggs and beat them on a passive speed until smooth, it only takes a couple of minutes.
- Divide the batter among the prepared tins and bake them for 20-30 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
For The Butter Cream
- Put 100g chopped milk chocolate into the oven and let it melt, leave the melted chocolate to cool for several minutes.
- Mash 200g softened butter and sufficient grams of icing sugar together with a fork, then switch to electric beaters, if you have one otherwise a wooden fork may work.
- Mix 5 tbsp of cocoa powder with a pinch of salt and 1 cup of milk and pour it in the melted chocolate and mix them until smooth.
- On a cake stand, arrange the cakes together with buttercream, then spread the rest on top and decorate with your favourite frosting but the suitable topping is chocolate shards.
To Make Chocolate Shards
- Melt 50g of dark chocolate and pour them onto a tray lined with foil.
- Now melt 25g of white chocolate and 25g of milk chocolate and pour them over the dark chocolate before it sets.
- To level the mixture evenly, shake the tray gently and let it set in a cool place and chop into shards.
- And decorate them as you wish.